Thursday, January 4, 2018

Intel NUC Won't Install Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

I've spent many hours trying to install the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (16299) on my Intel NUC D54250WYK. The symptom was that the update would appear to proceed correctly, reboot, get most of the way through processing the update, reboot again, and return to 15063. When I looked at the updates history, it would say Restart Required, but the restart would never succeed.

The other symptom I saw was that Windows would routinely hang trying to do Shutdown or Restart.

The final solution was to uninstall the following drivers:

  • Bluetooth
  • HD Audio
  • Trusted Platform

Once I did that, Shutdown and Restart started working reliably and the Fall Creators Update installed without incident.

No comments:

Post a Comment